Baby Boomer Retirement Course
An academic course for baby boomers teaching the foundations for a sound retirement.
Recent academic research indicates that a fundamental shift in Retirement planning for the Baby Boomer Generation could be necessary. This course is a comprehensive personal finance course for those in the early stages of retirement or those about to retire. It addresses difficult retirement decisions such as Income Planning, Social Security Maximization, and the pitfalls to avoid. You will receive financial tools to help you better understand risk, taxes, budgeting, and estate planning.
What You Will Learn:
- Why so many retirees are in danger of outliving their money, and steps you can take to avoid it.
- How to properly plan for rising healthcare costs, inflation and higher interest rates during retirement.
- Understanding the risks involved with different types of investments and how to allocate assets based on your personal risk tolerance.
- The sources of retirement income – including updates on Social Security — and how to build a solid retirement income plan of your own.
- The rules, regulations and tax consequences of Qualified Plans (IRA, 401k 403b) and how to manage them.
- Key questions you should ask any financial advisor.
- Getting your estate in order: understanding wills, trusts, probate and tax–efficient distribution to your heirs.
- And much more!
- The 6 basic traditional rules of thumb for retirement may no longer apply.
- Global market instability and volatility necessitates action.
- Recent research indicates a different approach to retirement planning could be beneficial.
- You only get one shot at retirement. Make it count.
Course Location & Schedule
This course is taught in multiple sessions. Choose the course that best fits your schedule.
Tarrant County College – South Campus
Student Center – Texas Room #2210
5301 Campus Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76119
Baby Boomer Retirement Course Option 1
Part 1: Tuesday, October 4
Part 2: Tuesday, October 11
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Baby Boomer Retirement Course Option 2
Part 1: Thursday, October 6
Part 2: Thursday, October 13
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals and couples between the ages of 50 and 70.
- Those concerned about our financial markets & wanting to prepare for the next recession.
- Investors looking for new perspectives or ideas.
- Baby Boomers looking for guidance based on recent academic research.
Tuition – $59.00 | Register by 9/27/16 and Save $10.00
Couples may attend for a single tuition cost. Tuition includes all course materials.
Have a Question? Call 800-769-0686.
Preregistration is required.
Seating is limited so please guarantee your reservation today. Classes start promptly at times listed above.